Wix Review Summary
For those who are less technically inclined, wanting a fuss-free experience or who simply love instant gratification, Wix is a wonder. Although it does package hosting into the mix, Wix was designed to leverage on its drag and drop rapid website builder. Features can be tacked on quickly as well thanks to an extensive application marketplace.https://www.wix.com/
- Over 500 beautiful pre-designed themes
- Powerful drag-and-drop website builder
- Customize mobile site designs
- App Market lets you extend site functionality
- Wix ADI guides your site creation
- Backup system creates restore points
- Handy all-in-one solution
- Allows animations and video backgrounds
- Corvid by Wix allows developers to build APIs
- Free domain with Combo plan and above
- Limited bandwidth on Combo and Connect plans
- Connect plan displays Wix ads
- Difficult to migrate away from Wix
Editor's Review & Recommendation
For many people who are into simplicity and convenience I almost feel that Wix is the perfect solution. The site builder tool is not just very simple to use but it is also extremely powerful. If that isn’t enough, Wix also has an app marketplace where you can pick up more features in the form of third-party tools.
There’s no need to worry about hosting, site maintenance, and many of the other things to do that are associated with hosting a website. Now that there’s Corvid for Wix, even developers have a reason to opt for Wix or simply build APIs for Wix sites.
The only thing that I really object to is that Wix makes it almost impossible for you to migrate to another host once you’re on board with them.
For Newbies and Individual Bloggers
Although Wix is a very convenient environment to use it isn’t really an idea situation for newbies and bloggers. It is primarily a rapid website building tool with hosting packaged in, so newbies won’t get to learn how to manage many things for themselves. Bloggers might also want to look elsewhere since although there is a blog option in Wix it isn’t as versatile as a dedicated Content Management System (CMS) like WordPress.
For Freelancers and Small Businesses Owners
Personally I feel that this group of users would have the highest use for what Wix has to offer. Freelancers can quickly build and customize websites for clients and add on almost any features quickly. Small business owners can join the digital revolution without needing to spend money on outsourcing web design. It’s the perfect fit.
For Online Shops
Wix has special eCommerce plans that start from $17 per month. That’s cheap in the world of online store hosting and you get a ton of benefits that come along with that. Access the app marketplace is invaluable to quickly tack on features like shopping cards and payment systems. Wix also doesn’t charge any commissions for online stores.
Key online store features offered by Wix:
- Store Manager - Inventory tracking and management
- Worldwide Shipping & Tax - Customized tax and shipping rules for worldwide destination
- Coupons - Offer in-store discounts and other special deals
- ShoutOut - Simple email marketing
- Customer Relationships Manager (CRM) - Engage clients, keep track of contact, collect client reviews, organize invoices, etc.
- Digital Store - Sell ebooks, music, and software easily
- Setup shop and sell on Facebook and Etsy
For Agencies and Developers
Originally, Wix was mainly for inexperienced users or those who wanted to quickly build simple sites. Recently Wix introduced a special development environment it calls Corvid. This visual developer tool lets you build your own functionality for Wix sites – either your own or to offer as APIs to others.
The Wix system is so easy and streamlined that it’s borderline silly. All you need to do is sign up for an account and Wix will hold your hand and guide you through the process of setting up your first website. Seriously, it’s as simple as that.
For the more experienced user, you can skip that and explore the environment to your heart’s pleasure for free. You can even try to publish a simple site using a Wix domain to see how things work and if you’re happy, then consider upgrading to a paid plan.
Wix Website Builder Hosting Uptime
Wix Website Builder Hosting Response Time
Wix Plans & Pricing