Although there’s a lot of competition from other providers, SiteGround has beaten all of them to emerge the best overall Python hosting solution for developers. Its flexible platform comes with just the right set of resources for basic applications, as well as high-level advanced Python development.
From shared to cloud hosting, SiteGround offers a favorable balance between performance, availability, flexibility, and user-friendliness.
Who Should Use SiteGround:
SiteGround is big in not only the Python hosting space, but also when it comes to other programming languages. Its servers currently host close to two million domains, all of which continue to leverage SiteGround’s numerous web hosting features, and impressive performance capabilities.
As a Python developer, you could run the latest versions of Python on the SiteGround platform while capitalizing on its optimized caching system, Cloudflare CDN integration, MySQL databases, free unlimited bandwidth, user-friendly interface, and many other sleek features.
Why SiteGround Hosting for Your Python Projects?
- Flexibility – SiteGround offers full range of hosting solutions – from shared hosting starting at $6.99 a month, cloud hosting starting at $80 a month, as well as dedicated servers starting at $269 a month.
- Multiple Python modules.
- Excellent after-sales support available 24/7 across phone, email, and live chat channels.
- Optimized caching along with a Cloudflare CDN integration for increased performance.
- Choice of five data centers placed on three different continents- Iowa US., Chicago US, London UK, Amsterdam in Holland, and Singapore.
Drawbacks of SiteGround:
- Higher costs compare to its peers.
SiteGround Ratings & Performance
SiteGround Tested Performance
You could find out more about the service from our detailed SiteGround review.
2. Digital Ocean
Enterprise-level servers for building, running, and scaling high-grade applications.
Who Is This For
Digital Ocean is ideal for Python developers who prioritize scalability and flexibility. This cloud-hosting solution allows you to take advantage of its cluster deployment, SSD drives, and open-source approach, all of which come in handy when you need to run high-level Python applications.
The entire process is managed via Digital Ocean’s easy-to-use cPanel interface, from where you also get to pick a suitable server location.
And speaking of which, the data centers are spread out strategically across eight cities- Bangalore, Toronto, Frankfurt, London, Singapore, San Francisco, Amsterdam, and New York.
Why We Like Digital Ocean’s Python Hosting:
- Managed Kubernetes for cluster deployment.
- Free Python hosting master servers management assets such as cloud-controller-manager, Kube-scheduler, Kube-controller-manager, and Kube-apiserver.
- Highly flexible – Digital Ocean’s Standard and Performance Droplets for flexible, cost-effective app deployment.
Cons of Digital Ocean:
- Lack of basic built-in features like backups, CDN, and SSL certificates.
- Limited customer support – not for non-technical users.
Digital Ocean Ratings & Performance
Digital Ocean Tested Performance
You could go ahead and discover more about its features from our comprehensive Digital Ocean review.
Capitalize on a dynamic and expansive cloud infrastructure that spans across 10 global data center locations.
Who Is This For
Linode is undeniably one of the best when it comes to cloud Python hosting. Its Linux-based virtual machines provide experienced Python developers and their enterprises with an array of tools for developing, deploying and scaling their modern applications efficiently.
So far, the provider has managed to set up data centers in Singapore, Tokyo, Dallas, Atlanta, Newark, Frankfurt, and London. These, combined with its 40 GBPS capabilities, Intel E5 processors, and SSD storage, give you the performance you need for demanding Python applications.
Why We Like Linode’s Python Hosting:
- Linode provides all its users with StackScripts, SSH and root access for app management.
- It comes with a high-speed 40 GBPS network that features seven data center locations.
- Its extensively flexible servers offer Kubernetes clusters, dedicated CPU and GPU, plus high-availability object storage.
- You get the privilege of choosing an ideal pricing package from its CPU-based plans, memory-based plans, GPU-based plans, and Nanode plans.
Cons of Linode:
- Linode does not provide a cPanel-based management interface.
- It’s only ideal for developers who possess extensive Linux experience.
Linode Ratings & Performance
Linode Tested Performance
For additional insights, feel free to check out our comprehensive review of Linode hosting.
TMDHosting: Best Cheap Hosting Solution for Python Developers
Cost-effective hosting thanks to reasonably-priced packages that offer decent features.
Who Is This For
TMDHosting is one of the cheapest hosting services for Python developers. More specifically, its shared hosting starts at $2.95 a month, while the corresponding cloud hosting package starts at $5.95 a month. These make TMDHosting a great option for deploying apps on a budget.
Otherwise, you could also purchase VPS hosting for your Python application at a starting price of $19.97, or perhaps take things up a notch with dedicated servers for a starting price of $79.97.
Despite the low prices, TMDHosting is capable of maintaining optimal server performance, plus high availability. It essentially supplements its cutting-edge SSD servers with 24/7 traffic monitoring, daily backups, and regular updates.
The resultant high-redundancy network features seven core data centers, which are located in Sydney, London, Singapore, Amsterdam, Chicago, and Tokyo.
Why We Like TMDHosting’s Python Hosting:
- It’s a cost-effective Python hosting solution with multiple well-priced options for shared hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting.
- Its shared hosting and cloud hosting packages provide unlimited storage for your Python applications.
- TMDHosting’s customer support team is available 24/7.
- TMDHosting’s overall server performance is excellent, owing to its multiple data center locations, dynamic scaling, and caching technologies.
- You could test the Python hosting services risk-free, thanks to its 60-day money-back guarantee.
Cons of TMDHosting:
- It might not be able to perfectly handle highly-demanding Python applications.
TMDHosting Ratings & Performance
TMDHosting Tested Performance
Explore everything about the packages from our ultimate review of TMDHosting.
5. InMotion Hosting
Optimized Python environment for business users, plans start as low as $6.39 a month.
Who Is This For
Although InMotion Hosting is quite a dynamic web host with various layers of service packages, its business shared hosting is the sweet spot for Python developers. And just like the name suggests, it’s specially optimized for business users, particularly startups, as well as small to medium-sized businesses.
Their Python developers should have an easy time working on their apps thanks to the developer-friendly tools offered by each of the three plans here. Site administration, for instance, is facilitated by SSH-access, while a free one-click installer allows you to quickly deploy more than 400 popular apps.
Then when it comes to the actual app development process, you get to capitalize on InMotion’s unlimited MySQL and Postgre SQL databases, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited disk space, a free website builder suite, unlimited secure IMAP email accounts, plus free SSL.
And in case of any difficulties, you can reach out to InMotion’s Python developers at any time of the day or night. They are accessible 24/7 via live chat, email, and phone.
Why We Like InMotion Hosting’s Python Hosting:
- Shared business hosting is reasonably priced, as it starts at only $6.39 a month.
- Even the basic plan is considerably generous, with unlimited email accounts, unlimited bandwidth, and unlimited SSD storage for two websites.
- Shared business hosting comes with a free one-click installer that’s capable of rolling out over 400 commonly-used applications.
- InMotion offers specialized support to Python developers. Its experts can be accessed 24/7 across various contact channels.
Cons of InMotion Hosting:
- $6.39-$15.99 a month for shared hosting, even when the package is specially-optimized for businesses, might seem pricy to some users.
InMotion Hosting Ratings & Performance
InMotion Hosting Tested Performance
Proceed to our detailed review of InMotion Hosting for additional insights into its packages and overall performance.
Why Use Python?
While Python is known to be extremely reliable and scalable, only the best hosting services for Python developers can guarantee its optimal performance.
That said, the principal reason why developers are increasingly fond of leveraging this programming language is its overall simplicity. Python essentially outlines its statements using uncluttered indentations, which ultimately make everything appear simple and logically organized.
Hence, the chances of making programming errors due to missing punctuation or something of the sort are fairly minimal.
Such a readable approach means experienced Python developers can efficiently code high-level applications, and novices have an easy time learning how it works.
Then when it comes to hosting, Python’s ability to run natively on Mac OS X, as well as Linux/Unix, and Windows makes it a favorite among providers.
As a result, quite a large number of providers today have ventured into Python hosting. A quick scan through the web reveals an endless range of both premium and free Python hosting services.
While that’s a great thing for competition, it happens to complicate the selection process. Identifying the best Python hosting solutions for developers from all these possible options is no walk in the park.
This guide, however, makes things much easier for you by outlining the best hosting services for Python developers in 2020, along with their proven strengths and weaknesses. They are the few whose features and performance capabilities stand out from all the Python hosting solutions we’ve tested.
What Makes A Good Python Hosting Solution?
There are many factors to consider when choosing a python hosting provider.
That said, here’s a summary of the specific features you should look out for if you intend to pick the best services for your Python applications:
What To Look Out For When Choosing a Python Host
- Python Support: Most importantly, hosting servers should support Python programs.
- MySQL Database: Assess the database options and settle for a Python hosting service that offers a MySQL database. Although various databases support Python scripts, MySQL has proven to be exceptionally effective.
- Shell Access: It should provide shell access.
- Python Modules: It should come with an extensive library of in-built Python modules.
- Python Interpreter Software: The hosting service should not only provide a Python interpreter software, but also update it on a regular basis.
- Scalability: The server resources should be easily scalable and extensively flexible.
- Availability: The uptime rate should be at least 99.90% and supplemented with an array of security and redundancy tools for ensuring consistent availability.
- Performance: The hosting network should feature several availability zones and caching technologies for optimal performance.
- Customer Support: Customer support should be responsive and persistently available across several contact channels. In short, prioritize a python hosting service that combines live chat with phone and email support options.
- Pricing: The pricing schedule should be flexible with several well-priced package options, and possibly a free Python hosting option for beginners.
In addition to these five best hosting services for developers, other notable options that have proven to be exceptionally reliable include Interserver, iPage, A2 Hosting, and LiquidWeb.
Compare their performance figures from our review section and then let us know which one you think perfectly suits your needs as a Python developer.