While Python is known to be extremely reliable and scalable, only the best hosting services for Python developers can guarantee its optimal performance.
That said, the principal reason why developers are increasingly fond of leveraging this programming language is its overall simplicity. Python essentially outlines its statements using uncluttered indentations, which ultimately make everything appear simple and logically organized. Hence, the chances of making programming errors due to missing punctuation or something of the sort are fairly minimal.
Such a readable approach means experienced Python developers can efficiently code high-level applications, and novices have an easy time learning how it works. Then when it comes to hosting, Python’s ability to run natively on Mac OS X, as well as Linux/Unix, and Windows make it a favorite among providers.
So, the fact is, there is a wide range of premium and free Python hosting services on the web. While that’s a great thing for competition, it happens to complicate the selection process. Identifying the best Python hosting solutions for developers from the numerous possible options is not a walk in the park.
This guide, however, makes things much easier for you by outlining the best hosting services for Python developers in 2020, along with their proven strengths and weaknesses. They are the few whose features and performance capabilities stand out from all the Python hosting solutions we’ve tested.
What Makes A Good Python Hosting?
There are many factors to consider when choosing a python hosting provider.
That said, here’s a summary of the specific features you should look out for if you intend to pick the best services for your Python applications:
What To Look Out For When Choosing a Python Host
- Python Support: Most importantly, hosting servers should support Python programs.
- MySQL Database: Assess the database options and settle for a Python hosting service that offers a MySQL database. Although various databases support Python scripts, MySQL has proven to be exceptionally effective.
- Shell Access: It should provide shell access.
- Python Modules: It should come with an extensive library of in-built Python modules.
- Python Interpreter Software: The hosting service should not only provide a Python interpreter software, but also update it on a regular basis.
- Scalability: The server resources should be easily scalable and extensively flexible.
- Availability: The uptime rate should be at least 99.90% and supplemented with an array of security and redundancy tools for ensuring consistent availability.
- Performance: The hosting network should feature several availability zones and caching technologies for optimal performance.
- Customer Support: Customer support should be responsive and persistently available across several contact channels. In short, prioritize a python hosting service that combines live chat with phone and email support options.
- Pricing: The pricing schedule should be flexible with several well-priced package options, and possibly a free Python hosting option for beginners.
Best Python Web Hosting 2020
All-round hosting solution for Python applications
SiteGround is big in not only the Python hosting space, but also when it comes to other programming languages. Its servers currently service close to two million domains, all of which continue to leverage SiteGround’s numerous web hosting features, and great performance capabilities.
As a Python developer, you could run the latest versions of Python on the SiteGround platform while capitalizing on its optimized caching system, Cloudflare CDN integration, MySQL databases, free unlimited bandwidth, user-friendly interface, and many other sleek features.
SiteGround Tested Perfomance
You could find out more about the service from our detailed SiteGround review.
Why Choose SiteGround?
- It offers shared hosting starting at $3.95 a month, cloud hosting starting at $80 a month, as well as dedicated servers starting at $269 a month.
- It comes with multiple Python modules.
- The customer support team is available 24/7 across phone, email, and live chat channels.
- SiteGround offers optimized caching along with a Cloudflare CDN integration for increased performance.
- You get to choose between five data centers placed on three different continents- Iowa US., Chicago US, London UK, Amsterdam in Holland, and Singapore.
Cons of SiteGround
- SiteGround offers limited storage space.
2. Digital Ocean
Affordable cloud hosting solution for Python developers
Digital Ocean is ideal for Python developers who prioritize scalability and flexibility. This cloud-hosting solution allows you to take advantage of its cluster deployment, SSD drives, and open-source approach, which come in handy for running high-level Python applications.
The entire process is managed via Digital Ocean’s easy-to-use cPanel interface, from where you also get to pick a suitable server location. And speaking of which, its data centers are spread out strategically across eight cities- Bangalore, Toronto, Frankfurt, London, Singapore, San Francisco, Amsterdam, and New York.
Digital Ocean Tested Performance
You could go ahead and discover more about its features from our comprehensive Digital Ocean review.
Why Choose Digital Ocean?
- Digital Ocean comes with managed Kubernetes for cluster deployment.
- Its Kubernetes offer free Python hosting master servers management assets such as cloud-controller-manager, Kube-scheduler, Kube-controller-manager, and Kube-apiserver.
- It provides standard and performance Droplets, which are basically virtual machines with varying CPU, memory and storage allocations. They come in handy for flexible, cost-effective app deployment.
Cons of Digital Ocean
- You won’t find basic hosting features like backups, CDN, and SSL certificates.
- Customer support here is only available during the standard working hours.
Premium hosting service for Python developers
Linode is undeniably one of the best when it comes to cloud Python hosting. Its Linux-based virtual machines provide Python developers with an array of tools for developing, deploying and scaling their modern applications efficiently.
So far, the provider has managed to set up data centers in Singapore, Tokyo, Dallas, Atlanta, Newark, Frankfurt, and London. These, combined with its 40 GBPS capabilities, Intel E5 processors, and SSD storage, give you the performance you need for demanding Python applications.
Linode Tested Performance
For additional insights, feel free to check out our comprehensive review of Linode hosting.
Why Choose Linode?
- Linode provides all its users with StackScripts, SSH and root access for app management.
- It comes with a high-speed 40 GBPS network that features seven data center locations.
- Its extensively flexible servers offer Kubernetes clusters, dedicated CPU and GPU, plus high-availability object storage.
- You get the privilege of choosing an ideal pricing package from its CPU-based plans, memory-based plans, GPU-based plans, and Nanode plans.
Cons of Linode
- Linode does not provide a cPanel-based management interface.
- It’s only ideal for developers who possess extensive Linux experience.
4. TMD Hosting
Low cost hosting solution for Python developers
TMD Hosting is one of the best cheap hosting services for Python developers. More specifically, its shared hosting starts at $2.95 a month, while the corresponding cloud hosting package starts at $5.95 a month.
Otherwise, you could also purchase VPS hosting for your Python application at a starting price of $19.97, or perhaps take things up a notch with dedicated servers for a starting price of $79.97.
Despite the low prices, TMD Hosting is capable of maintaining optimal server performance, plus high availability. It essentially supplements its cutting-edge SSD servers with 24/7 traffic monitoring, daily backups, and regular updates.
The resultant high-redundancy network features seven core data centers, which are located in Sydney, London, Singapore, Amsterdam, Chicago, and Tokyo.
TMD Hosting Tested Performance
Why Choose TMD Hosting?
- It’s a cost-effective Python hosting solution with multiple well-priced options for shared hosting, cloud hosting, VPS hosting, and dedicated server hosting.
- Its shared hosting and cloud hosting packages provide unlimited storage for your Python applications.
- TMD Hosting’s customer support team is available 24/7.
- TMD Hosting’s overall server performance is excellent, owing to its multiple data center locations, dynamic scaling, and caching technologies.
- You could test the Python hosting services risk-free, thanks to its 60-day money-back guarantee.
Cons of TMD Hosting
- It might not be able to perfectly handle highly-demanding Python applications.
In addition to these four best hosting services for developers, other notable options that have proven to be exceptionally reliable include Interserver, InMotion Hosting, iPage, A2 Hosting, and LiquidWeb.
Compare them and then let us know which one you think perfectly suits your needs as a Python developer.